how to tell the age of my van

View previous topic View next topic Go down

how to tell the age of my van

Post  riiiiiiiivers on Fri May 20, 2011 7:01 am

lo I have a 1973 bay westfalia.. but to get the right condenser i need to find out if it was pre august 73 or post august 73 and i dont know how to..

can anybody help please?

riiiiiiiivers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: how to tell the age of my van

Post  ben on Fri May 20, 2011 8:23 am

If you have the chasis number im sure there are some websites that tell you when it was made... i cant for the life of me think what they are though. try googling something like 'whats the age of my VW Camper?' or something similar to that...
Failing that, somebody on here more geeky then me will know... sorry guys! ha ha!
Failing that you could get a birth certificate from wolfsburg, although that takes months and costs money, but is worth it i think as it will tell you the original colour, etc etc.
happy hunting!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob on Fri May 20, 2011 8:58 am

Your chassis number should start 213 if its pre august and 214 if is post august as thats when VW started producing the 1974 model year.

As far as your condensor goes this assumes that the distributor is still the same one if left the factory with. If it is, the pre73 has round fitting on the end and the post73 a square fitting. This is the bit that pushes through the distributor wall, i think the wires may also be a different length as well.

Rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

much obliged

Post  riiiiiiiivers on Fri May 20, 2011 10:21 pm

super knowledge and fast! Cheers guys...

do you know any dub doctors who do house calls? I need help getting mine going in time for summer..

thanks again..

riiiiiiiivers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum