Valley Vee Dubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would you trust to work on your vehicle?

3 posters

Go down

Who would you trust to work on your vehicle? Empty Who would you trust to work on your vehicle?

Post  Baldrick Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:17 am

Hi all

Being severely mechanically challenged I need to get some work done on the van. Is there anyone reliable locally that anyone would recommend?

Thanks

Baldrick

Back to top Go down

Who would you trust to work on your vehicle? Empty Re: Who would you trust to work on your vehicle?

Post  mikeyweaves Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:29 pm

What needs doing?
mikeyweaves
mikeyweaves

Back to top Go down

Who would you trust to work on your vehicle? Empty Re: Who would you trust to work on your vehicle?

Post  Baldrick Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:54 pm

Too much... Sad (I've got a Crossover Westy)

I've got squealing front breaks...not just loud but very loud!! It's becoming really irratating. I've been told that I've got an anti-squeal shim missing.

The bigger issue is petrol fumes. I've got a small "inspection hatch" in the back above the fuel sender and when I take this off I can really smell petrol. I've been advised that I'll need to get the engine dropped out as it is probably one of the breather connections, most likely the big rubber one on the firewall side in the middle.

Baldrick

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldrick Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:29 pm

No one use any body locally then? I guess you guys aren't as mecanically challenged as I am!!!

Baldrick

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:51 pm

i do almost everything myself so dont normally take my vdubs to anyone for work but a know a few people who use Roland in maidstone. He used to be based in the workshop next to B+B components but they've all moved but might to worth giving them a ring.
Rob
Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum