Valley Vee Dubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mini Tour of Cornwall - May / June time?

+4
George&Charlie
till
mikeyweaves
ben
8 posters

Go down

Mini Tour of Cornwall - May / June time? Empty Mini Tour of Cornwall - May / June time?

Post  ben Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:16 am

Hi everybody!
After the 'success' of mine and Sams trip to Scotland, we have a bit of a bug for a road trip again (well i do anyway!! ha ha!).

We have thrown around the idea of a road trip to and around cornwall. Preferably stopping at a different surf destination every day or so.
Obviously if you dont surf its not a problem as there is always loads of other stuff to do!

I was thinking of maybe going in May or June, but if anybody else has any other ideas then please say so (Jamie and Jo, if this is something you are interested in then let me know dates you can do within the school holidays or whatever).
We could do a week or a bit of a long weekend or whatever... as i say, its just an idea for now.

We could possibly make Torquay our first stop (never been if im honest), then maybe Porthleven, then fit in Lands end, then onto Portreath, Perranporth, Newquay, Polzeath, Bude and home... basically go round the whole coast of Cornwall....

I was thinking of trying to find some 'free camping' places (there are a suprising amount) but not sure how that would go down if there was a few of us. so depending on the response to this i will start looking at campsites and stuff.
We could possibly even all crash at my parents for one of the nights if we wanted to give our old bodies a rest and sleep on a proper mattress. Or if the weather is so terrible, we need to get dry and warm in front of a fire, kick back and watch 'Cash in the Attic' on the telly then im sure we can.

Like i have said, if anybody has any ideas, places they really want to go, dates they want to do then just post them up on here.
You dont have to come for the whole time if you dont want... you dont even have to come in a vw, and you can sleep in a B&B but you will be ridiculed, a lot.

If there is enough of us, we could take enough spares to build an engine (or one of us could take an engine that is ready to bolt in as long as their normal luggage was shared between others).

so who is with us??!!

cheers
ben
ben

Back to top Go down

Mini Tour of Cornwall - May / June time? Empty Re: Mini Tour of Cornwall - May / June time?

Post  mikeyweaves Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:58 am

Don't care how long we go for (would like to go for two weeks is poss!), don't care where we go, REALLY like the idea of 'rough' camping spots, don't care when we go (although I can't do the first week in June 3-7th as I'll be in the US) - WE ARE IN DEFINITELY IN DUDE!!! Very Happy
mikeyweaves
mikeyweaves

Back to top Go down

Mini Tour of Cornwall - May / June time? Empty Re: Mini Tour of Cornwall - May / June time?

Post  till Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:21 pm

Yes, I'm definitely in Very Happy I'm pretty easy on the dates.
till
till

Back to top Go down

Post  George&Charlie Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:43 pm

We do love a road trip, we were gonna go down to Newquay for the boardmasters festival in August, but looks like we might be rescheduling so we can come along for this one, it sounds awesome!!

We'll need a bit of grass at the campsites though as we don't have the luxury of a camper and will have to pitch the tent. Proper camping!! lol Wink
George&Charlie
George&Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:50 am

I'm up for a road trip around the west country.

also need a bit grass for my tent. Very Happy
Rob
Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  kwilliamson Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:48 am

Ooooooo!!! Very Happy

kwilliamson

Back to top Go down

Post  dud-dubz Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:38 pm

hi mate here is a couple sites that we stayed at in cornwall that are ok

http://www.campsitesincornwall.co.uk/ this one is called mena nice big picthes and the owner is ok

http://www.meadow-lakes.co.uk/

hope you have a good trip we are going down in aug so have to miss this one. Very Happy
dud-dubz
dud-dubz

Back to top Go down

Post  ben Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:11 pm

cheers dude!

Right then,
I have booked off the following dates - 8th, 9th ,10th, 11th and 12th July.
I will want to be leaving on friday 5th july at approximately 4.00 - 4.30 from the big tesco, aiming to get to devon for one nights stay before we carry on to Cornwall.
We would be leaving Cornwall on sunday the 14th July, probably in the morning and doing the whole journey back in one go.

What are your thoughts?

cheers
ben
ben

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeyweaves Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:40 pm

WE ARE IN DUDE! Very Happy

We have booked two weeks off so will be staying down south west longer or will be just driving to see where we end up!

Really looking forward to it!

Very Happy
mikeyweaves
mikeyweaves

Back to top Go down

Post  ben Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:03 am

cool beans...
We should get together and start trying to get a rough plan of where to go drawn up.
cheers
ben
ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:26 am

Will check the dates out with work when I'm back at work next week.
Rob
Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  JamieSaysMikeyIsACoconut! Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:17 pm

Bugger how did I miss this thread!!

Well mine and jo's situation is a bit sketchy, I already have the 29th July for two weeks booked off as thats the start of the school holiday so not sure what work will be like with some more holiday in the month.

Jo will be at school for the 8th, 9th ,10th, 11th and 12th July so she is a no chance at the mo.

I may be able to get down for a couple of days blasting down in the lupo with a pop up tent probably but will check with work what time I can get off.

Deo deo deo me say deo biddly biddly biddly biddly biddly
biddly bong YO! Smile
JamieSaysMikeyIsACoconut!

Back to top Go down

Post  JamieSaysMikeyIsACoconut! Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:11 am

Okay dudes, I'll definately be up for a portion of it as no one else is booked up off work for that week yet but not sure how much holiday I need for xmas as already booked off october too.

Initial thinking is missioning it down after work on the 9th and staying until the sunday same as you guys. Think that might be better than going at the start then having to leave as i'll wanna stay!

What are you guys thinking of doing in terms of hiring boards i.e getting them from one place for the week or finding them at each stop? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  till Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:24 pm

Ah bugger! We're off to Rachel's mum's on the 10th of July so I'm going to miss this Sad
till
till

Back to top Go down

Post  ben Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:55 pm

Ah feck Ade! Surely you could come for the fist weekend at least??!!
ben
ben

Back to top Go down

Post  JamieSaysMikeyIsACoconut! Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:45 pm

My holidays been confirmed so i'll blast down on the 9th to meet you guys for the rest of the week/weekend Very Happy

Hahahahahahahahahahha WIPEOUT! Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:17 pm

I've got the time booked off now so all go.

Booked the friday as well so should be able to make tesco for 4.00pm just Very Happy
Rob
Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  ben Wed May 15, 2013 12:24 am

ben
ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Wed May 15, 2013 10:38 pm

very cool Very Happy

will have see if they do a samsung version scratch
Rob
Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  JamieSaysMikeyIsACoconut! Thu May 16, 2013 5:32 pm

Cool! The cbs seem to go fairly cheap, surprised we dont have them already really! Spamdagger to sangk'aint'nofink over and out!

Back to top Go down

Post  ben Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:49 pm

Right then...
Time is getting close and i feel completely unprepared!
Any last minute stragglers wish to join in are more than welcome.
We have a couple of tenters so a few more wont be a problem. We plan on getting in some wild camping (suitable for tents too), and some site camping, but nothing commercial...
Hopefully get a feck load of surfing in as well as seeing some of the amazing sights Cornwall has to offer.
We will be cruising down at 50mph as im going to have more surfing gear on the roof than you can shake a surfboard at. Stopping at Weymouth on the friday night, then on to Cornwall saturday.
so dont worry if you think you are slow and will hold us up because im going to be the one holding us up!

cheers
Ben and Sam
ben
ben

Back to top Go down

Post  till Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:16 pm

Rolling Eyes Extremely jealous, I wish I was coming. Anyone fancy swapping with me? I'm going to the mother in laws for two weeks! Crying or Very sad
till
till

Back to top Go down

Post  kwilliamson Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:18 pm

Sounds amazing fun!

We have just come back from, Devon, Cornwall, Dorset and The New Forest, 900 miles covered with no problems!

Have an amazing time! May tag along next time.....Very Happy

kwilliamson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down