Valley Vee Dubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helping hand to get the bug done for Apex :) and what tyre sizes?

4 posters

Go down

Helping hand to get the bug done for Apex :) and what tyre sizes?  Empty Helping hand to get the bug done for Apex :) and what tyre sizes?

Post  VdubHarry Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:57 pm

Yo yo is anyone able to lend me a hand one weekend to change my clutch and master cylinder so I can get the bug mot'd for apex Smile

I just need a hand dropping my engine out as I haven't done it before!

Alsoooo Pauls finished my gt wheels (which look the nuts)

But I'm unsure on the best tyre sizes to go for;
I was thinking

145/65 smart car tyres for the 4.5j fronts

And

185/65s for the 7.5j banded rears?

What do you guys think?

Cheers

Harry
VdubHarry
VdubHarry

Back to top Go down

Helping hand to get the bug done for Apex :) and what tyre sizes?  Empty Re: Helping hand to get the bug done for Apex :) and what tyre sizes?

Post  ben Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:37 pm

When it comes to tyre sizes i am defnately not your man... i know very little about rubber. (excpet for gimp masks, before anybody else says anything).

Let me know when you plan on dropping the engine out dude and i will gladly help if i can. Im away this bank holiday weekend and the weekend of the 3rd of may, but to be honest, we could probably do it in an evening, especially as it is staying lighter for later.
Is the bug in a garage or on a driveway? is it driveable?
cheers
ben
ben

Back to top Go down

Helping hand to get the bug done for Apex :) and what tyre sizes?  Empty Re: Helping hand to get the bug done for Apex :) and what tyre sizes?

Post  ben Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:37 pm

Oh and you might get more response if you link this page onto the fistbook site...
ben
ben

Back to top Go down

Post  VdubHarry Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:43 pm

Yeah I thought about putting it on Facebook,

Ah okay dude that would be sweet cheers Smile the bugs in my garage so it could be done in an evening Smile

It's drive able ish, the brakes are a bit dodgy as I think the master cylinder has a leak, so I need to replace it.

I ordered my new clutch yesterday and it arrived at work today Very Happy so I'm ready to rock and roll whenever
VdubHarry
VdubHarry

Back to top Go down

Post  George&Charlie Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:01 pm

Hello Harry,

I'll happily help in the evenings/weekend if I'm around mate. Have you ordered your new master cylinder yet?

With regards to the tyres, I have no idea what size to put on the banded rears, but the fronts sound about right, the BRM's on the orange beetle are 4.5j if I remember correctly so I'll check the sizes and let you know what we're using.
George&Charlie
George&Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:17 pm

you might find a 185 a bit of a stretch on a 7.5 rim. I had 205 on my 7's on my bug and the correct size for the wheel was 225 (Porsche original).
Rob
Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  ben Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:04 am

Ok dude, there is no way i can do this week so get in touch next wednesday if you have not done it by then i will be more than happy to help.
cheers
ben
ben

Back to top Go down

Post  VdubHarry Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:09 am

Alright George,

Yeah I bought a new master cylinder before I went on holiday. Wink

And I thought 205s would probably rub on my arches, I've had both 205 45s and 195 40s on my 7.5s on my golf and the 195s didn't rub the arches but were quite stretched with the 40 profile, whereas the 205s rubbed :/
VdubHarry
VdubHarry

Back to top Go down

Post  VdubHarry Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:12 am

Sweet okay cheers Ben Smile

I'm free / can be free pretty much any day of the week until Apex so I'm easy Smile
VdubHarry
VdubHarry

Back to top Go down

Post  George&Charlie Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:48 am

Cool, I should be able to help on Thursday evening or at some point this weekend if you like fella
George&Charlie
George&Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:25 pm

not sure what i'm doing friday, might go to wheels day, if not i could give you a few hrs.
Rob
Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  VdubHarry Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:05 am

What's wheels day dude? Cheers rob I'm supposed to be going to Leeds castle Friday with Amies family but in the process of trying to get out of it so I'll let you know Smile
VdubHarry
VdubHarry

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:57 am

Hot rod and custom show, normally really big

https://www.facebook.com/surreystreetrodders

Rob
Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down