Valley Vee Dubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mine and Andi's............

+6
deano 777
Nighttrain1974
till
J-Luca
ben
mikeyweaves
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Mine and Andi's............ - Page 3 Empty Re: Mine and Andi's............

Post  laurietcr Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:01 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! Brilliant
laurietcr
laurietcr
Admin

https://valleyveedubbers.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeyweaves Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Mine and Andi's............ - Page 3 8ead8ad8
mikeyweaves
mikeyweaves

Back to top Go down

Mine and Andi's............ - Page 3 Empty Bay camper update!

Post  mikeyweaves Tue May 15, 2012 2:37 am

As most of you know, our bay came back from the paintshop the weekend before Bog Bang! Very Happy

I drove it home with no windows like this..............

Mine and Andi's............ - Page 3 2012-04-20-006-1

Mine and Andi's............ - Page 3 2012-04-20-007-1

A massive thanks goes to Ian C, Stu, Laurie, Ben, Ade, Grant and Rob for spending most of the following Saturday helping me to refit her windows, trim, interior, engine-removal etc! (I love you guy's Very Happy ) Luckily, I think we picked the only sunny Saturday in April to do all of this as shortly after, the heavens opened.............

Mine and Andi's............ - Page 3 2012-04-22-010

A massive oil-leak was put-down to dodgy seals in the oil-cooler so the engine was stripped and these replaced! Once put back together, Ben and Laurie refitted the lump only to find that the bloody thing was pissing oil out again! Crying or Very sad

So, following a seriously wet (and oily!) weekend at Santa Pod, I pulled the engine out again to give it a complete overhaul! Here it is in my garden..............

Mine and Andi's............ - Page 3 2012-05-07-015

Once stripped down completely this time, I found several things wrong! First-up, both sets of rocker arms were cracked around their mountings.........

Mine and Andi's............ - Page 3 2012-05-07-018

Not sure why this has occurred but can only assume they were over tightened! Rolling Eyes

Next up, when replacing (again!) the oil cooler seals, I realised that the stud on top of the crank-case had pulled through! Crying or Very sad Luckily though, I managed to re-tap the thread in the case and install the stud lower-down! Very Happy

New push-rod tubes were fitted, replacement rocker-arms sourced (thanks again Ade!), better tin-ware sourced (cheers Laurie!) and the engine fully cleaned, de-greased and repainted! Smile Last night saw the engine fully rebuilt and fitted (thanks again to Laurie! cheers ) - guess what, THE BLOODY THING IS STILL LEAKING!!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Next-up is a replacement oil-cooler assembly and an inspection of the crank-case to see if its cracked......................STAY TUNED!!!!

Mikey
mikeyweaves
mikeyweaves

Back to top Go down

Post  till Tue May 15, 2012 4:23 am

Bloody Volkswagens!!!!
till
till

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeyweaves Thu May 17, 2012 5:23 pm

Quick update on the oil leak! Laurie and I pulled the engine last night and ran it in the van without the fan housing to see where the oil was coming from. The bad news is that we found a hairline crack in the crankcase in the oil way closet to the fly wheel! Crying or Very sad

The engine is now stripped and in the boot of my car for a trip over to Ade's to see if he can weld the case..........
mikeyweaves
mikeyweaves

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Thu May 17, 2012 11:16 pm

Does this mean you will be in your tent for apex then?
Rob
Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeyweaves Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:59 am

After much pissing about last year with engines and oil leaks and seizures and paint shops and ..................

You get the idea!!

Here she is near Newquay with a proper shagged engine (nothing to do with 80mph).....

Mine and Andi's............ - Page 3 2f0ed18587a70dd01bc9711ed779f48c_zpscf4b9a5f

And here she is again after getting the six of us plus gear all the way down to Bretagne, France for our week in the tree house...........

Mine and Andi's............ - Page 3 0608397819fddecffde3497db80f9340_zps445535cf

And again on my birthday weekend at my surprise stay in the fishermans cottage in whitstable..........

Mine and Andi's............ - Page 3 8c7e55d5c0fd9be163de27e6986c972e_zpsf020c249

The van was off the road more than on it last year (and the engine still needs rebuilding!) and with my back problems, the stripped interior ended up being stripped out for longer than I wanted too! However, thanks to Laurie and Ben, the interior is now all finished and Darlin' is wearing some stock steel wheels and snow tyres in readiness for some mud n woods action.........

Mine and Andi's............ - Page 3 49E5D22C-BAB9-413F-8DEC-98FFB4D70A3C-3728-00000540FD36EF55_zpsa273272d

Very Happy
mikeyweaves
mikeyweaves

Back to top Go down

Post  ben Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:29 am

I like it!
awesome story dude... its mad what we all go through, and what we forget too! good times though and well worth it all in my opinion!

race you to the woods! (although i need to take the engine out again and replace a push rod tube as it is pissing oil due to the pin hole in it... hopefully be done the weekend though).

ben
ben

Back to top Go down

Post  till Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:36 am

Looks nice on the stock wheels Very Happy
till
till

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum