Valley Vee Dubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do something amazing

5 posters

Go down

Do something amazing Empty Do something amazing

Post  andiweaves Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:47 am

Hello peeps.
I was speaking to some of you a while ago about blood donation, and i thought to myself... well last year under the heading of Valleyveedubbers some members were in the paper for the amount of money raised for charity, lets see if we could continue that good hard work and do something else to benefit others.... why dont we as members give blood. Very Happy

Mike (even though he is scared of needles) and i are booked in at the King Charles Hotel this Thursday to give blood, and i thought we could get as many members as possible to give blood and have a running total of how many pints we have donated as a club.

I know it sounds rather random but if you or a loved one was taken to hospital (fingers crossed no one we know is) and they needed pints of blood to live, you would just expect the hospital to have it. Imagin how you would feel if you were told "i am sorry we have no blood stocks so we can not save your loved ones life!" Hospitals ONLY have blood stocks if people like you and me donate it. It costs nothing to give blood just your time. It takes about an hour in total to do and you can book apointments to donate after work, also most employers give you the time to donate. So come on peeps lets do something amazing and donate something for free. Oh and at the end of the donation you get a free drink tea coffee or squash and a free snack, crisps biscuit or something like that.

Come on book your appointments and lets get counting the pints.

Number to call is 0300 123 23 23

andiweaves

Back to top Go down

Do something amazing Empty Re: Do something amazing

Post  ben Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:51 am

nice one Andi!
This is a brilliant idea!
I used to give blood all the time.... unfortunately because i have had a tattoo recently i cant give blood for a while... i keep meaning to find out what the duration is... i just googled it and its 4 months so i can give blood too! yay!
I will try and convince Sam to do it, she would love to but i think like Mikey, she is a little bit GAY!
I did not know they did it at the King Charles Hotel to be honest, i will aim to book there too!
wahoo!
ben
ben

Back to top Go down

Post  JamieSaysMikeyIsACoconut! Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:04 pm

Good for you guys, I did it a few years ago which i like to think I have either saved a life or banked it incase I need it or they are vampires.

I felt yuk for quite a few hours after so if you could give an extra pint for me that would be great! Very Happy
JamieSaysMikeyIsACoconut!
JamieSaysMikeyIsACoconut!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:21 am

Really must start giving blood again.

I always used to give blood but had to stop after i broke my back due to having a series of operations.

Jamie, once you have given blood 2 or 3 times you will stop feeling 'yuk' afterwards, just make sure don't go on an empty stomach.
Rob
Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  andiweaves Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:30 am

Very Happy Wow i am impressed my thread has stired some interest and there may be three or four pints donated by us coconuts Laughing Well i for one am looking forward to tomorrow especially as its Mikes first time and only my third or fourth.

Come on Sam come along it will be fine. Cake at my house after BUT ONLY if you give blood. Laughing

I will keep the site updated with when and where future donations are.

Thanks for your support guys.

andiweaves

Back to top Go down

Post  andiweaves Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:15 am

Well thats two pints donated Razz was well impressed by mikey who had his pint bag full in just over 10 minutes. So those of you who are donating just keep totting up the pints. Should do pint for pint lol
Andi 1.
Mike 1

andiweaves

Back to top Go down

Post  ben Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:30 am

We just went down there, hoping they would have a spot (we could not book as we were not too sure what was happening tonight) unfortunately they were fully booked.
Going to go to the one in twydall on the 30th I think...
ben
ben

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeyweaves Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:37 am

Andi and I have just been to the King Charles Hotel to give blood! So;

Andi 2
Mikey 2

Very Happy
mikeyweaves
mikeyweaves

Back to top Go down