Valley Vee Dubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VVD European Tour 2011

+3
ben
till
mikeyweaves
7 posters

Go down

VVD European Tour 2011 Empty VVD European Tour 2011

Post  mikeyweaves Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:39 pm

Right, just gonna chuck this idea out to you lot and see what happens! Very Happy

My best mate moved to Frankfurt about 12 years ago and I've been there once! His girlfriend is due to have a baby in February and I'm really feeling the need to go see him and his new family next year sometime (probably late spring/early summer). SO, does anyone fancy a European road trip???? Its 450 miles to Frankfurt (multimap says 7.5 hours) but I don't really fancy doing it in one hit so have been considering planning a route that would be a nice big, leisurely circle (roughly!) that could include as many nice stop overs as required with Frankfurt as the mid-way destination. We could also try and fit in a pilgrimage to Wolfsburg (near Hannover - 220miles from Frankfurt) and the VW museum.

Anyway, nothing is fixed - not when or where - I just need a day or so in Frankfurt! Where would you all like to stop/see???

Mikey
mikeyweaves
mikeyweaves

Back to top Go down

VVD European Tour 2011 Empty Re: VVD European Tour 2011

Post  till Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:56 pm

I'd be up for this, one of our customers has a shop in Duisburg which is north west of Frankfurt. If we drive through Holland we can drive to Duisburg, stop there then onto Frankfurt. Very Happy

Last edited by till on Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
till
till

Back to top Go down

Post  ben Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:08 am

This sounds awesome!
Im not bothered where we would go to be honest... the above ideas sound good to me!
I definately need to get the dropped spindles sorted and on the van then! otherwise i would need to take a spare spine.
If we could combine it with a bank holiday weekend that would be good - just to reduce the amount of holiday days needed to be taken.

cheers
ben
ben

Back to top Go down

Post  JamieSaysMikeyIsACoconut! Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:44 am

Sounds good we may be up for it if it ties in with a a half term (So Jo's off school)

Not sure it would be to much of a detour on route but would like to see the Spa circuit - We could also find out if they did a racing experiance round there in a lotus or something i know they used to do it but cant find thier website at the mo.

I'll check with Jo but most probably where you go we will follow!
JamieSaysMikeyIsACoconut!
JamieSaysMikeyIsACoconut!

Back to top Go down

Post  J-Luca Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:25 am

Ok I know its not near.... but I have a plot of land, a garden and an old farm house with with ice cold spring water on tap (literally) that's just sitting empty on a hill top in Northern Italy... if anyone fancies it.... just throwing the idea out there Very Happy
J-Luca
J-Luca

Back to top Go down

Post  ben Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:08 pm

That sounds brilliant!
Might be a bit too much of a treck though... although im willing to give it a shot!
ben
ben

Back to top Go down

Post  paul_f Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:58 am

JamieSaysMikeyIsACoconut! wrote:

Not sure it would be to much of a detour on route but would like to see the Spa circuit -

You need to go to Le Bug Show in 2012 when it is back on then! You get to do a parade lap with loads of other people, and you can do pace laps which is great fun in a bus

paul_f

Back to top Go down

Post  The "special" one Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:28 am

Well as we would be in germany it would be rude not to do a circuit on the Nurburgring! would anyone else be interested as it's something i've allways wanted to do. Very Happy
The
The "special" one

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum