Valley Vee Dubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bartons Point Next Year?

5 posters

Go down

Bartons Point  Next Year? Empty Bartons Point Next Year?

Post  till Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:19 am

Hi all, we went down to Bartons Point yesterday so i could take my new kayak for a spin and take the dog for a walk. It's recently re opened under new management and it seems they're really putting some effort into making it work, they're doing some nice food in the cafe and a massive roast dinner for £5.
I was talking to the woman running it and she is really keen to have us down there, not sure what the camping costs are yet but i'm sure they won't take the piss as the use of the boating lake was £5 all day but because i was only in the water for a couple of hours she said next time would be free! (Last time i think it was £5 an hour and £10 all day)
They have a few kayaks to rent out and an instructor there too. I didn't mention that we like to have small fires but she seemed pretty laid back and would probably let us just get on with it Twisted Evil

I said i'd put something up on the forum and that we'll hopefully camp there next year.
till
till

Back to top Go down

Bartons Point  Next Year? Empty Re: Bartons Point Next Year?

Post  ben Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:18 am

sounds bloody awesome to me!
Did you notice what the toilets were like dude? any showers? I dont care, but i know a few of the ladies (and probably gents) would be interested to know if they are any good...
I miss bartons point, its local but feels like a proper holiday...
nice work dude!
ben
ben

Back to top Go down

Post  till Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:08 pm

They have a shower block and toilets, next time i go down i'll check them out and find out their camping Tariff. I'm sure they were ok last time we all went down there.
till
till

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeyweaves Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:24 am

Sounds like a plan! I've quite missed the place........................ Very Happy

AND, do you mean you have purchased a new kayak without TELLING ME??????????????????
mikeyweaves
mikeyweaves

Back to top Go down

Post  till Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:40 pm

mikeyweaves wrote:Sounds like a plan! I've quite missed the place........................ Very Happy

AND, do you mean you have purchased a new kayak without TELLING ME??????????????????

Very Happy Ha ha, yeah bought it a couple of weeks ago, got a bit of a bargain,£100 with life jacket and paddle! There's a couple of reasonbly cheap ones on ebay at the mo but they're miles away.
till
till

Back to top Go down

Post  deano 777 Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:29 am

This sounds great Ade, Deb and i are well up for it! (and the camping, boom boom)

deano 777

http://Www.larkins-autoservices.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  dud-dubz Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:48 am

ya we are up for it.missing camping and a good fire.... santa
dud-dubz
dud-dubz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down