Valley Vee Dubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone got an exhaust or the camper?

2 posters

Go down

Anyone got an exhaust or the camper? Empty Anyone got an exhaust or the camper?

Post  Dubpete Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:11 pm

Vans back on the road again! Finaly but still need to sort few issues.
My current exhaust doesn't line up properly and is only temporary one.
I'm looking for any kind of exhaust just to buy untill I can afford to get the strange bloke from sheppy to work his magic!
Also keeping my eye out for a complete early bay front end and a beam to lower her on.
Plus some 1641 barrels and pistons for the 1600 lump I got.
Thanks guys!
See you all soon!
Dubpete
Dubpete

Back to top Go down

Anyone got an exhaust or the camper? Empty Re: Anyone got an exhaust or the camper?

Post  ben Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Hey Pete,
I have a 1600 exhaust in the garage (but no tailpipe), not too sure if it is different for a 1500 engine though, and a couple of beams to choose from, one of which is already lowered, or are you going to fit adjusters?
Unfortunately, you cannot get repro front ends for early bays so you will have to look out for a 'second hand' front end. I would recommend these - http://www.fbivw.com/index.html
Although you wont get an early bay front end for less than £400 i would have thought.
cheers
ben
ben

Back to top Go down

Anyone got an exhaust or the camper? Empty Re: Anyone got an exhaust or the camper?

Post  Dubpete Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:49 am

Thanks Ben!
I may try that exhaust as mine doesn't line up properly. And not really wanting to drive like it.
What's the beam like? How low will camper sit?
Yea Stuart sudgested FBI or I may have to buy repro late bay and blank off indicator at last resort!
Big job though! Need to try get her offroad before doing that.
Dubpete
Dubpete

Back to top Go down

Post  ben Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:16 pm

Ok dude, let me know when you want to grab it...

The beam is solid, but i have no idea how much it will lower a bay, not as much as it lowered my split though. You are more than welcome to try it out dude and see what you think.
cheers
ben
ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Dubpete Thu May 02, 2013 4:40 pm

Having sorted out a 4 into 1 header my muffler has now decided to split.
If anyone has a 4 into 1 muffler I could buy to get me to bhp show Monday would be great! If not I will order one of cool air but cheapest one there was like £65
Wa after something a little cheaper just for now
Dubpete
Dubpete

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down